Take the Pledge
Partner with us as we work together to create a better childhood for our youngest community members.
Take the New Normal Pledge
After all of the social distancing, Zoom meetings, and virtual classes, getting back to normal sounds appealing. There is a sense of optimism that normal is on the horizon in Kent County. Normal school. Normal work. Normal gatherings. A return to normal feels comfortable.
Normal, though, has never been comfortable for thousands of BIPOC children and families in our community. A rush back to normal is a return to longstanding and persistent inequities that have only been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and further exposed by the nation’s increased focus on racial justice.
Together we can create a new normal. A better normal. A normal in which all children can live their best childhoods. Regardless of color, background, or zip code, our children deserve to live and play in safe neighborhoods and housing, learn in nurturing and vibrant environments, eat good food, and grow up knowing they are valued by their community.
Pledge to create that better normal in Kent County – a normal in which all young children are happy, healthy, and living their best childhoods. Here’s how you can help:
- Share social media content generated by the campaign and other sources focused on equity in early childhood.
- Be part of our efforts around the Month of the Young Child and post our weekly content on your social media pages.
- Write a guest blog or opinion piece.
- Write to elected officials to advocate for policy change that addresses racialized disparities.
- Present data and policy solutions to your board of directors and other stakeholders.
- Contribute your expertise to help guide and shape the Normal Was Never Enough campaign.
- Include a link to www.normalwasneverenough.org on your website.
All organizations that sign the pledge will be listed on the Normal Was Never Enough website. Fill out the form below to get started.